Rio de Janeiro never fails to impress us with its modern outlook that reflects its progression through the times of yore. The historic sites, sparkling beaches, green belts and jubilant attitude of the locals embrace the tourists to the world where heaven meets the earth.
If Ronaldo played football at the Maracanã stadium, then Christ the Redeemer puts Rio on the world map.
Rio's carnival with its effervescent samba dancers jiggling their hips attracts thousands of tourists around the world.
During your time in Rio, you are urged to see the following fabulous attractions:
• The incredible surfing waves off Prainha. Whether you conquer them yourself or just watch the water-bound athletes skimming effortlessly over and under them, these waves are impressive.
• Tijuca’s lush, dense rainforests, which boast a number of hiking trails for those wanting to experience the fauna and flora first hand.
• Laze on the shores of Ipanema Beach or one of the many other beaches for which this city is renowned.
• Marvel at the sheer scale of the statue of Christ the Redeemer as it overlooks the city far below.
• Take the cable car up Sugarloaf Mountain for spectacular views.
• Stroll down the famous Avenue Nossa Senhora de Copacabana.
• Take an official walking tour of Rio, learning fascinating facts about its historical and modern-day heritage.
• Wander amongst the more than 5 000 species of plants and trees at the Jardim Botânico (Botanical Garden). The palm species alone exceed 900.
• Sports enthusiasts simply must experience the Maracanã stadium, which seats 100 000 spectators and has been the venue of many a heart-stopping match between international football greats.
AND MUCH MORE...